UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:45 pm 

http://www.roswell-record.com/main.asp? ... tionID=112

Thought ya'll might find this interesting, another front page story in our local newspaper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:36 pm 

I tried to see the site but it looks as someone coming from my country or having similar IP did something not good... So I have to stay out...

Attachments:
shot.png
shot.png [ 59.76 KiB | Viewed 6961 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:44 pm 

Mhhhh... I tried also changing my IP and the answer still the same, so I recommend to you all not go in that tricky site! Careful, 'cause they ask name and other private datas and in a future you could have a bad surprise. Better stay away! It looks as the phish way...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:19 pm 

Here's a copy of the article Dad - sorry it wouldn't let you view the article - :(

Former Apollo 14 astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell, in a exclusive interview with the Roswell Daily Record, said Saturday he is "certain" the 1947 Roswell UFO crash was a true alien encounter.

"I lived in the Roswell area and I remember the incident well, as I was a teenager at the time," said the former lunar astronaut and graduate of Artesia High School. "My mother saved copies of the Roswell Daily Record that recorded the event."

"Years later," he said, "some of the area's old-timers and military intelligence officers close to the incident - some facing the threat of severe penalties - confided in me. Based on what they told me, I'm convinced the incident was a real encounter, covered up by the government for over 61 years."

Mitchell, a former Navy fighter pilot, was considered one of America's elite astronauts after piloting Apollo 14's lunar module to the moon's surface in 1971.

He said his ties to Roswell run deep, with a long family history of cattle ranching in the area.

"After my lunar flight," he said, "I was contacted by local Roswell witnesses, and because I was a well-known astronaut and a local, I guess they felt they could confide in me."

Mitchell is not the only space traveler to believe in UFOs. Other astronauts and cosmonauts have either seen UFOs or believe they are real and may represent contact with other worlds.

Gordon Cooper, one of the nation's first astronauts, and outspoken believer in UFOs, claimed he first sighted UFOs as a young Air Force pilot in Germany in the 1950s. He, like Mitchell, claimed the government hid the truth from the public.

Both Cooper, who died in 2004, and Mitchell, are joined by Mercury astronaut Donald (Deke) Slayton, and at least two former Soviet cosmonauts, Yevegni Khrunov, a Soyuz-5 pilot, and Salyut-6 space station member Maj. Gen. Vladimir Kovalyonok, all claiming at one time or another to have seen UFOs, or saying that they are certain the Earth has been visited by aliens and their spacecraft.

Other astronauts have reportedly spoken privately of UFO encounters, but have refused to go public, fearing ridicule and condemnation.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited ... and that the UFO phenomena is real," Mitchell said. He said his belief was confirmed by various sources, including members or former members of top-secret military intelligence circles.

On one occasion, he said, frustrated by a lack of response from the government, and after hearing from surviving Roswell crash witnesses and seeing their evidence, he and at least one Navy officer went directly to the Pentagon's highest levels in 1997, demanding answers.

Mitchell said the demand for information on UFOs by him and the officer was considered important enough that the Joint Chiefs of Staff allegedly assigned a vice admiral to investigate on behalf of Mitchell and the unidentified naval officer.

"Even the admiral ran into a wall when he tried to find the truth. He uncovered instead the existence of super-secret 'black operations,'" he said, adding, "At first we thought the black operations were used to cover up the existence of alien contacts and UFOs, but now we are not sure what those operations mean ... We believe, however, the operations did not include the so-called Area-51," a super secret flight facility in the Nevada desert allegedly linked to "captured" alien technology.

Mitchell declined to name the vice admiral.

"The UFO story is so secret that even presidents and top politicians, including Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford and former Arizona Sen. Barry Goldwater, were denied access to the "black operation files," said Mitchell, who theorizes that even the government may not be in control of the information or technology.

He implied that former President Dwight D. Eisenhower was probably right when he warned of the "military-industrial complex" taking control of the American government and, by extension, the American people and the access to information.

Mitchell's personal interest in UFOs and the possibility of extraterrestrial life began as a young fighter pilot, when other members of his squadron began reporting encounters with UFOs.

"Personally, I didn't see any UFOs, but a lot of pilots in my squadron did," Mitchell said. "When they tried to report the incidents, some claimed to have been threatened and told to shut up, just like the civilian pilots."

"Our pilots would chase them, and they would chase us," Mitchell said. "There were just too many incidents and reports to deny that there was nothing going on."

He said he believed the alien visitations should not be considered as hostile, and that some of the alleged visits were actually "homegrown" linked to the super-secret programs he described.

"I know Jesse Marcel Jr., son of the Army Air Force intelligence officer Jess Marcel Sr., who was at the crash site during the Roswell incident," he said. "And I know he was convinced that what crashed at Roswell was not a weather balloon."

He said metal recovered from the site had "unusual symbols or writing," and that it couldn't be cut or burned.

Mitchell also implied that there remains strong evidence, possibly including photographs, that 61 years after the crash has not been seen by the public.

"As far as an alien body being recovered," Mitchell said, "I can't prove that, but I certainly know that the so-called alien autopsy photographs were fakes."

Mitchell said that he attended what is now Berrendo Elementary School in Roswell through the seventh grade, then moved with his family to Artesia.

Mitchell has led an extraordinary life. He was born in Hereford, Texas, and as a child he was active in the Boy Scouts where he earned the Life Scout ranking.

He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in industrial management from Carnegie Institute of Technology in 1952. After graduation, he joined the Navy and trained as a pilot, flying from aircraft carriers.

During his naval career, he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering from the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School and a Doctor of Science degree in aeronautics and astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

He was selected to be an astronaut in 1966 and in his second space flight, flew the Apollo 14 landing module with commander Alan Shepard.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:48 pm 

Thanks roswellstargate. I would understand why it doesn't allows me to enter also after changed my ip. I can understand if it tracks some bad address, but not all can be bad...probably it has had too many accesses from Euroipe...

Doesn't matter... I read what you reported here. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:30 pm 

Very good article Roswell, thanks from me as well. It is just so incredible that people would doubt such obvious truth.

I don't know how many times I've said, "just what does it take"

Tim

p.s. the link worked fine from here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:16 am 

I agree the article was good and the responses to this man have been positive for us. I find what happened to Dad a bit of a worry. It makes me wonder who it is that's trying to control what and who can see stuff. Who is it that has blocked this and why......Ann :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:37 am 

I'm sure they are tacking every IP and this for me looks as not safe, not legal 'cause if you don't have anything to hide, don't need to track. As told I also tried to change my ip and the site has seen the new one, bu again it said the same thing, so why not allowing me to enter if the new ip is fresh and not surely "guilty" of something? Be very careful...it can be a trick for something (M.I.B.?)

Do you know how many peoples have lost their job only talking about UFO? Well...open your eyes!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:01 pm 

That is one hell of a job to track every IP address that visits or researches UFO sites! It would require an army of engineers, technicians and monitors to see who's gone where, what they visited, and what they post. Then to single one out of literally billions of IP's they must get in a 24 hour period and make their life miserable.

On the other hand, if I lived in one of these countries, I would be willing to accept that.

http://www.ihotdesk.com/article/1791909 ... b%20access

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:54 am 

Additional information in an email alert from ATS, is this disclosure in support of Dr. Mitchell, by another former NASA employee, Clark McClelland.

http://www.stargate-chronicles.com/rele ... chell.html

And his website:

http://www.stargate-chronicles.com/home.html

Tim