UFOSeek Forum

Community for discussion of UFO, Paranormal and mysterious topics
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Can't Sleep
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:37 pm 

I'm afraid that those creature may try and get me during the night.

I don't want another memory where I am above the bed looking at myself with this creature next to me. I think It may be the beginning before I enter the bright light?!?!? :shock:

Someone suggested that it was a hypnogogic hallucination and are the reason why people say they have an alien abduction (next to hypnotic memory regression) and outer body experiences (probably next to drugs).

Now I am getting more confused and don't want to sleep. :oops:

Post subject: Re: Can't Sleep
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:42 pm 

You know... I went to silly yahoo and asked what people thought. Stupid me. They are mostly nit wits. 1 in 14 people said I was abducted by ET.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:44 pm 

Now someone suggested I saw a reptilian... How would he know that?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:54 pm 

I can understand your fear of going to sleep, and you probably underestimate the fear you are feeling.

In a way, concentrating on a repeat theme, will feed itself. Anxiety about the fear will manifest somehow, and because this happens to you at bed time, that's when it is going to present itself.

Like any other fear, say a fear of driving in winter (like me), when I know I have to drive in two days' time, by the time I actually get behind the wheel I'm a nervous wreck. I'm miserable when I go to bed the night before, have a very fitful sleep, and get up anxious, angry, and with a major headache.

I don't know that it isn't better to concentrate on what you can do, to make the situation more controllable. You cannot change the channels once you are asleep, but you can perhaps take more control over what you will allow to happen, before you go to bed, and during the sleep cycle.

Take charge, and decide that you are NOT going to allow the fear to overtake you. Barge right into summoning the courage you have, to determine your own outcome. Refuse to allow yourself to get stressed out and worn out, which will leave you vunerable. Gain strength in writing out your thoughts while the intense feelings are happening, and 'purge' the fear in doing so. As many times as it takes, address the fear, don't let it take over.

The fears are real. Whether they are caused by forces out of your control or not, you can be in a position of strength, rather than weakness. Knowing what the cause is, or isn't, has not stopped the fear. It may very well be the fear that is allowing this to happen to you in the first place.

Be leary of anybody who touts psychiatric terms to describe your experiences. Next to none will have any actual abudction knowledge themselves and will attribute your symptoms to some form of 'illness', which, at best, will still not provide any meaningful course of action anyway.

If you have some time, read BrightLightBilly's posts, on how he has learned to take back control. He was one of the first abductees that I ever knew who actually talked about being in control of his abductions, stopping them, and learning how to control THEM, instead of the other way around.

Tweakeds white lights is another good one that she can better explain than I can. I've sort of developed my own protection, but hers is better explained.

The answers may not be in knowing what is causing this, as much as it may be in learning how to control it under your own steam.

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:43 am 

Well... it didn't help that after 9 pm the lights were dimming on and off. I mean we live in the city so how can this be. I usually just look at my husband.... and last night he said 'Geez someon must be using a lot of power to make our household lights dim like that. Like a heavy duty power tool!" (Right... sure... at 9pm at night)

Well.... after many long hours my eyes finally gave in and I nodded off anyway. I was worried. All I kept thinking was I don't want anything 'bad' to happen to me.

Well in the morning all I could remember was flying up in to a bright light.... but I was in this large circle shell like bubble. I wasn't the only one. I remember seeing another one next to me. We appeared to be gliding upwards, but there was nothing connected to us that could have pulled us up. Don't know how this relates to anything.

I'm thinking maybe I can read up on this OBE stuff and maybe be able to control it more... Use it to my advantage. I might be able to remember more that way.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:14 am 

Sounds to me like you were protected, but you were being pulled up out of your house. This has happened to me on many occasions.

Just keep the Lights around you. If you don't remember, then you don't have something to fear except the unknown, and the unknown really doesn't hurt you. People have been helped and healed by contact with aliens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:03 am 

That would be good. I have a few niggles here or there. Wish they were into tummy tucks... I guess the old 'exercise' routine will be the way to go. I could do with 10 kilos off.... never lost that extra weight after my daughter (plus midnight snacks). ;)

I think I am relaxing a bit now.... give me a few hours though as it is 6pm here and slowly getting to bed time. We had the flickering lights a little earlier today about 1/2 and hour ago. Normally it would be at 9 pm. It's not our electricity fuse box, got it checked just recently.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:56 pm 

I saw a video regarding Psychiatry. It may be of interest.

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo ... _Exposed_/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:39 pm 

While I actually DO think there are several forms of mental illness, who among US wouldn't be "re-classified" into one of these categories, when we were kids?! I never took a book home to study, but for 10 of my fourteen years as a primary student, I made all straight A scores on tests. I didn't like school, and was bored to tears with it's mundane hum-drum pace. I guess today I'd be put on drugs...

Also, now if someone keeps cheating on a spouse, or just doesn't want to have a one-on-one personal relationship, they have a SEX disorder--they're allegedly addicted to it!

I have known hundreds of people in my 62 years alive on this Earth, and there was only ONE person I ever thought might have a valid "addiction to sex" drive ... Rick was the son of my rock group's agent/producer, and Rick would initiate sex with many women at one time, or he would have as many as 10-20 women a day in his bed--to the point where (I was told) he would get blisters on his penis. Now THAT, to me, could truly be indicative of an addition... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:29 pm 

The DSM that they speak of, the bible of Psychiatry, is a GUIDE, it is not a book that checklists are compiled from to determine a diagnosis. The video is very misleading. I have seen the DSM and I have studied the DSM at University, and the purpose of it is to help and assist in diagnosing mental illness in a comprehensive way, particularly for those with dual diagnosis.

It is in no way the only tool used to measure, assess, treat or determine a course of behaviour management. It is however, a far better tool than guessing. Very valuable information can be researched, in addition to good psychiatric detective work.

Prior to the DSM and the science end of Psychiatry what did we have? Innefective treatment, biased guesswork, and over-medicated patients.

For anyone to say that Psychiatry is essentially quackery, as this film implies, has a very limited vision of the science. This really smacks of that Scientology bandwagon to me. Disclose is good for this kind of thing....

Anybody that has been around for a while knows I am the first in line to criticize Psychiatry, particularly as it pertains to abductees, however, I'm not naive enough to think that Psychiatry has not saved the lives of many, who would otherwise have never made it in this world.

Tim